Monday, March 15, 2004

but the lions come at night...

I woke up at 5 this morning to Greg physically holding me down and repeatedly saying "it's okay, it's okay"...evidently my thrashing and screaming "NO" over and over again woke him.

I was dreaming that my mom's friend Gert arranged a vacation for us and we were staying in a haunted B&B. There was a lion-skin rug on the bed complete with head. I thought it would be funny to use the head as a pillow--that's when the lion came to life and clamped its jaws on the back of my skull my skull. I was thrashing around like a fiend to pry it off when the boy woke me..

I was ready to drop back to sleep immediately, but poor Greg was really concerned 'cause we both tend to have really terrible emotion-laden nightmares that linger for days. I finally roused myself enough to give him the dream-plot synopsis--and after a few giggles at the ridiculousness of the whole situation it was back to sleep. I mean really, who would put a lion-skin rug on a bed in a New England B&B? That's just crazy!

PS. Perhaps the big-cat attack was my punishment for being too lazy to email Artful Scheme yesterday to wish him a Happy Birthday?

No comments: