Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Bronx Bombshell...

Okay, so there's one thing I LOVE about going to the Bronx. Walking down Pelham Parkway (strip of park that's about 1/2 a block wide and a mile long) is great for the self-esteem. If it's a warm day, it's almost a sure bet that I'll be ogled by old immigrant men. This past Sunday was truely the piece de resistance: two ancient formerly Yugoslavian men actually stopped mid-sentence and dead in their tracks to look at me and respectfully congratulate Greg on his good fortune, while I demurely lowered my eyes. Of course, had I been walking alone, their reaction would have probably been a bit scary--it's all just a matter of circumstance.

But given the circumstances as they stood, while MY reaction to it is not terribly feminist, I really don't give a damn, 'cause it did loads for the ego. As good as girls night out at an Italian restaurant staffed by actual Italians.

No comments: