Thursday, April 08, 2004

"Baby, no one deserves to end up on my table..."

So, I'm walking to work this morning and there are tons of production trailers set up near Gramercy Park. No big deal, they're always shooting Law and Order in some incarnation or other in the neighborhood. But then I saw Radioman, a semi-homeless guy with a radio around his neck featured in the NY Times this weekend who's known for getting bit parts in movies/autographs of "big" stars. Hmmmm...this is NOT going to be Law and Order.

I walked over to the no parking posts and discovered that the shoot is for "CSI: Miami". Huh? Last I heard, this is New York and there's no way they're gonna make it look like Florida. Kyle mentioned that perhaps they're chasing a criminal to New York. Yeah, 'cause law enforcement EVER crosses jurisdictions. But you know, it's just another example of the blatant disregard for reality that makes the show so fun.

Admission of lameness: I walked through their food area in hopes of seeing David Caruso--I really wanted to ask him if he'd been attending the Shatner school of acting during the 10-year period he had no work. "Tell me.....did you test to see IF...our victim's blood...was the only BLOOD...on the knife?"

Alas, no luck, only a few techies and the clean-cut white guy. Another little note, they should tell them in contracts when they get a big job that wearing wraparound sunglasses and a baseball cap pulled down way low on a really overcast day just makes you even more obvious.

No comments: